Monday, October 26, 2015

Throwing a Party Responsibly

Our house is a great place to have a party. We have a huge living room, a large kitchen, and enough space to fit about 50-60 people comfortably. Recently, we haven't had very many parties due to the fact that two of my roommates can't seem to be responsible enough to have one on their own. They forget that they're partying at their own house and treat it as such. Letting people go into other people's rooms (including mine), not getting the sick drunks to the toilet, or letting random people drink alcohol that isn't theirs.

The last party that was thrown at my house was about three months ago. We had a huge argument afterwards because Markie mark hadn't cleaned up the mess from the party for at least four days. On the fifth day we had to all tell him to clean it up, and he got mad at us for not helping. He was the only one who was home during this party and he wanted us to help! Eventually we decided to help him clean up the mess because we all agreed that we weren't going to have another one for a while.

The worst memory I have of one of my roommates throwing a party is from one of my old roommates. It was the new year's party going into 2014. I was in Kansas City at some bar while this party was going on at my house. When I came home the next morning I find that my sheets were in the washer and freaked out. Come to find out, some girl passed out in my room and threw up all over my bed. I was infuriated with my roommate for letting someone into my room. Apparently he had locked himself in his room after being pissed off he couldn't get a new years kiss from any of the girls that were at the party.

The lesson I took away from this is that I should never trust any of my roommates to not let someone into my room, which is why after that night I changed my doorknob to one that requires a key to enter my room.

3 comments:

  1. Dear lord... I would have been pretty angry too. Pretty solid way of handling it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have reacted the same way. Sorry about the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it was terrible, I was so surprised

    ReplyDelete