Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Coming Home Late

My three roommates and I have very different schedules. We all work different hours, have different sleep schedules, and one of us works nightshift sometimes. The entrance to the upper level of our house is through the backdoor which is near my room. You have to walk up a flight a rickety stairs then walk down a long hallway to get to your room. I hear every person who comes in and out of the house because the stairs are so old, every step makes a obnoxiously loud noise when you walk on them.

The first couple of months I lived here, I had my bed situated up against the wall where the stairs were on the other side. There would be times I would be passed out in the middle of the night and one of my roommates would come home around 2-3 A.M. A couple of them would run up the stairs, making the already obnoxiously loud stairs even more annoying.

At first I tried asking my roommates not to run up and down the stairs because it was so loud. I learned very quickly though that they weren't going to walk slower because I wanted my beauty sleep.

After a few times of being woken up in the middle of the night, I finally decided to move my bed to the opposite side of the room. I can still hear people coming up and down the stairs, however it is not nearly as loud. The lesson I took away from this is that I should attempt to make the situation easier for myself before asking my roommates to change their own habits.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have "the lesson I took away" back again. It really makes the blogs have some consistency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a light sleeper myself, I can only imagine how annoying this must have been for you. I hope you are getting better sleep now. It is good to hear you learned a nice lesson from this situation.

    ReplyDelete