Monday, October 12, 2015

Importance of Labeling

Sharing one kitchen between three other people can become hectic sometimes. Especially when everyone has a similar diet. It can become very confusing at times when there are four gallons of milk in the fridge that all look the exact same. We realized this was a major issue within the first couple weeks of us living together. One night we literally spent 25 minutes trying to figure out whose carton was whose. 

This happen to us a couple times with a few different items. One time I came home to Kaveman and his friends eating all of my potato chips because he forgot that he left his own bag in his room. It may sound petty, getting upset over a bag of chips, but when it consistently happens it becomes an extremely irritating problem.

We decided that the best option for us was to start labeling everything we bought. From cartons of milk to the small packages of ramen noodles. We all came up with our own ways of how to label certain items. As you can see from the pictures, I have these special sticky notes that I put on everything that is mine.

Labeling everything we get might sound somewhat annoying but it saves each one of us from being mad at one another for eating someone else's food. It also stops anyone from using the excuse of "Oh, I thought it was mine excuse" to eat another person's food. Labeling our food items has worked out very well for us. 

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy this blog, and you give very good tips. I still do really miss the "What I learned" section though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good strategy. I'm glad labeling has solved this issue.

    ReplyDelete