Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Messing with the Wifi

We're always messing with each other in our house. Whether it's waiting for someone to walk up the stairs at night to scare them or hiding their food somewhere else in the kitchen. We all mess with each other in different respects. One way that I have found to be the funnest way to get back at my roommates when they mess with me is to kick them off the wifi.

When I moved into this house their was no router because the people who lived here before took theirs with them when they left. When I brought mine over I set it up in such a way that I would be able to easily access it whenever I wanted to. I was able to see who was using the wifi and on what devices through their IP addresses.

Whenever someone would mess with me, usually by scaring me when I come home, I would block them from the wifi. The first few times I did this stunt, it was hilarious. B-fresh was the first victim of my plan. It was late on a school night and he had just finished all of his homework for the night and wanted to start playing a video game before going to bed. Earlier in the day, B-fresh hid my toilet paper from me, which gave me a terrible stomach ache. I decided it was time to unleash the Wifi blockage on him. He was in the middle of a match on Destiny when I decided to turn off the Wifi to his Xbox. His instant reaction was anger. He started screaming at the Wifi as if it were a person who had just harmed his mother. I was in my room dying of laughter.

Eventually I left my room and asked him what was making him so upset. He told me that the internet kicked him out of his game and that it only stopped working for his Xbox. I asked him if he tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, he said "yes like 5 ****ing times!". I couldn't help but burst out in laughter. He figured out that I was the one messing with him and got extremely pissed and told me to unblock him. I felt kind of bad, but it was still a hilarious prank.

Lesson to take away from this: Pranks are great fun, as long as you know don't take it too far and know when to end the prank.

1 comment:

  1. Good lesson to take away from this situation. This story is funny. Great work!

    ReplyDelete